Plant Trials in Iowa
● Vigor (Compared to plants in the same genus/species, no lodging)
● Uniformity (Across plants in a variety)
● Disease/pest resistance (Comments about pest and disease pressure, rabbit resistance, susceptibility to disease compared to claims)
● Floriferousness (Qualitative rating of flower coverage)
● Proliferation (Seediness, weediness, potential to become invasive)
● Resilience (Ability to withstand drought, flood, unpredictable weather events)
● Seasonal Interest (Gives weight to unusual flowering period, fall color, and winter interest)
● Survival (Ability to survive growing conditions, lifespan evaluation)
Evaluation will be conducted for the life of the plant, giving us realistic understanding of the lifespan and true hardiness of varieties. However, plants will be selected as Top Performers after three years for perennials and five years for shrubs.
Questions about the program?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org