Historic Homes and Gardens of the Scottish Highlands (May 22-31, 2015) – Be inspired by the world’s most beautiful gardens! Join travel authority Bob Oliver from Legacy Tour & Travel to learn more about the trip. The Travel show is scheduled for October 25 at 1 pm at the Arboretum
• Tour 10 public and private gardens in the magnificent Highlands of Scotland
• Ride behind a steam locomotive over the famed West Highlands Railway
• See Inveraray Castle & Gardens, ancestral home of Clan Campbell
• Visit a historic distillery to see single malt whiskey being made
For more information refer to the brochure below:
Iris, Peony and Ornamental Grass Sale In the Arboretum’s Greenhouse.
Click here for a detailed list of the items for sale.
2013 was an import year for the Iowa Arboretum. A Strategic Plan was created to give the Iowa Arboretum new direction. Three goals were adopted by the Board of Directors: Improve Systems; Develop a plan for Hiring a Master Plan Company; and Establish Financial Stability for the Iowa Arboretum. The Board, staff and volunteers focused on bringing stability to the Arboretum while building a good foundation for future growth.
To read more information about the highlights from the 2013 Annual Report click here.
Here is some links compiled about Emerald Ash Bore and how to identify it from Iowa State University Extension Outreach Program and Iowa Tree Pests.
- Emrald Ash Borer – Iowa State University Extension Outreach Program
- Emrald Ash Borer: What is being done – Iowa Tree Pests
Additionally, if you are thinking you need to hire a Tree Care consultant this is a good article that describes what you should do to protect yourself and property as well as suggestions when hiring individuals or companies.
- Hiring a Tree Care Professional – Iowa State University Forestry Extension
The following information has been compiled by the Department of Horticulture, Iowa State University for information about what are good replacement trees for shade and small stature Ash trees.